I was nominated for the sunshine award by April Grant from100lb Countdown. (http:100lbcountdown.com).
I want to say thank you so much for this, it comes at a time when I really needed cheering up, and it has put me right up there and ready to go again. Thank you so much.
1) Bloggers are writers. What is your favourite subject and how do you think that you convey it to your reader's
My subject is the things I make and what goes on in my life, and anything that I think may interest other people. I think , that i am very new at this, and I am not doing to well, and then some lovely [erson like April nominates me for an award, and I begin to think that I may be doing something right, so thank you.
2) As Parents we are with our children during most of our free time. Where are you imagining yourself during these "not so fun" times with your kids? take us into the fantasy region of your mind.
Don't really have that problem, as my step children are all grown up and away from home, but if I did i would imagine myself in a beautiful meadow with a brook running into a pool and some willow trees and just me and hubby alone with a picnic and lots of skinny dipping.
3) Being a parent can be extremely difficult. Besides parenting, whats the toughest thing you've ever done? How did you make it through.
I think the toughest thing I have had to do is keep my husband cheerful while he spent over three months in hospital, and then two months at home with a broken neck, where they told him he would never walk again, but he is so stuborn, that he is walking and doing things again. I got through with the help of very good friends and knowing that no matter what happened God would give me the strength to handle it.
4) Sleeping with a partner can sometimes cause tension. How do you like to sleep? Is there a particular side of the bed? Near the door or the window? Do the kids sleep on your side of the bed?
Well there are no young kids. all grown up and away from home, so no they don't sleep on either side of the bed. I prefer to sleep next to the window, but am not to fussy, can sleep on either side. Hubby is not fussy so I always get first choice, and usually choose the window side.
5) Instead of resolutions, many people are choosing a word of the year. What would be your word and why?
My word would be Tidy, as I am a very untidy person and I need to get everything tidied up.
6) If your children aren't jumping on you at 6am, what time would you sleep untill? And what would you do for the rest of your day.
Well no kids to jump on the bed, but we get up between nine and ten and then get down to our business for the rest of the day.
7) Having an excercise routine is important to keeping the weight down or off. What do you do to keep your routine going, in the midst of your personal craziness of life?
Well I am a lazy slob when it comes to excercise, so I have no routine, and sedintary job, so getting fat?
Hubby and I always say we should go for a walk every day, but somehow before you know it the day si gone and we have not gone for our walk.
8) Do you like to read? What kind of books? What's the last thing that you read?
I love to read, don't get much time, but I read virtually anything except maybe romances. The last book I read was How To Make First Class Cards by Debbie Brown.
9) Brag a little about your best recipe or dish that you can cook. Make it sound delicious even if it's a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Well i think my favourite recipe at the moment is my Maccaroni Cheese. I first cook the pasta. I then take another pot and fry up some onions and garlic, and then fry the bacon, to which I add mustard powder, italian herbs, horse radish and paprika. I then add the flower and make a roux, I then add the milk untill the sauce is the consistancy that I want it, I then add lots of three different cheeses that I have grated before hand, and melt them in. I then add the suace to the pasta, and then put it in an oven proof dish, put slices of tomato and lots of the the same cheeses that I had grated earlier and then put it in the oven to melt the cheese and cook the tomato. It is yum. I sometimes add a bit of tomato to the sauce as well.
10) Names can sometimes be symbolic of who you are as a person. Were you named after someone? who? Do you know why? Do you agree with the symbolism for your name?
Well my first name is Winifred, which I don't use, as I don't like it, I was named after my mother favourite great Aunt. My second name is Anne wich is the one I use, but most of my good friends call me Annie. Symbolism is not there as I don't use that name.
11) It is Friday night and the kids are asleep. What movie do you grab to watch?
Well I guess that it would be a musical at the moment it would probably be Camelot.
Thank you once again for this award.
The people that I nominate are:
Krafty Cards etc.http://kraftycardsetc.com/
Menopausal Mother Http://www.menopausalmom.com
Me, Myself and I - Dawn Hart http://dawn-hart.blogspot.com/
Six Sisters' Stuff - http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/
Katherines Corner - http://katherinescorner.com/
Fluster Buster - Robin Fluster - http://www.flusterbuster.com/
Glitter. Glue and Paint - http://www.glitterglueandpaint.com/
Little Miss Celebration - http://www.littlemisscelebration.com/
Joyful Healthy Eats - http://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com
2 Crochet Hooks - http://2crochethooks.com/
Probably Crafting -Momma Mellon - http://www.probablycrafting.com/
I really love all these blogs and hope that you will all give them a bit of love to.
Those are my nominations and here come the questions.
1) What are you hoping for in this new year of 2014?
2) What books are on your list to read?
3) What are you going to cook this year, what new cooking technique would you like to learn?
4) What are you hoping to achieve with your blog?
5) What is your favourite thing to do when you have time to yourself?
6) What is your favourite thing to do as a family?
7) If you could live your life all over again, would you do anything different?
8) What is your favourite recipe?
9) What is your favourite movie?
10) What is your favourite flower?
11) Do you make new years resolutions? if so what are they?
Thank you once again April.
I hope that I have done this right.
Love and best wishes.