Friday, January 10, 2014

Ask Away Friday with Beth Ayotte

Hi Everyone,
I hope that you are all well and having a great start to the day.
I am going to get shot, as I got these questions nice and early from Beth, but am putting them on late.
Sorry Beth.
Well she is a great Lady and has asked me some wonderful questions, so let's get on with it, this is going to be great fun.
1)   Your blog states you have many hobbies - which is your favorite?
       I would have to say at the moment my favorite is colouring either Digi stamps or rubber stamps and making the colourings into cards.
2)    I know that you love to read. What was the best book that you read in 2013?
       The best book I read in 2013 was The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley, an old book that I went back to and enjoyed even more this time round. It is the story of Camelot, but told by the woman involved and from their point of view, a really stunning book.
3)    You are stranded on a desert Island for a month. Not including people what three things would you want with you?
       Well I guess the first thing would be a knife, so that I can open up shellfish and gut fish etc.
        The second thing would be some sunblock, I burn very easily and nastily.
       The third thing would be matches, not very good at starting fires to cook with sticks, never quite got the nack of it.
4)    Your blog states that you love to cook - what is your favorite dish to make?
        I would have to say my Macaroni Cheese, every body woolfs it down and that always makes a cook feel real good.
5)     Being in the middle of my working life, I am a little jealous of your retirement! :) What would you say is the best thing about being retired?
       I would say the best thing is that even though we are running our own Company, you can just leave things and go if you have to, like now, where we are here in South Africa, and my father is very ill in England, as soon as we can get a flight, we can just pack up and go to be with him. Most of our customers understand that production is going to stop for a while, while wedeal with my fathers illness.People in the main are really wonderful and caring.
6)  You love doing a lot of great crafting and DIY projects. How did you become involved in crafting?
     Well both my Grand mother and my mother did crafting, so I guess I just joined the clan, I can remember starting to put all my favorite things in a scrap book from about the age of three, and then went on to knitting and crochet and sewing, and well, I just kept on trying to learn more. I think that if you stop learning in life, then you are dead, and I am very far from dead, and still have a real lot to learn.
7)    You are a very happily married gal- What's your favorite trait of your husbands? And what is one trait that drives you crazy?
My favorite trait is that he is the most wonderful gentleman and will always put a lady first.( I must be very old fashioned.) The trait that drives me really crazy, is that there are days when he does not let me do any of the housework etc.He takes it all over and does not even let me help and that really drives me crazy as I love doing things with him.
8)    If you had to choose one cause that you are most passionate about, what would it be?
       Trying to stop the Abuse of women and children, especially Children.
9)    Would you rather have a day at the spa, a day shopping, or a day site seeing?
        A day Site seeing. That way I am more likely to learn more about the place I am in, and I would get to see more.
10)   Did you make any New Year's resolutions?
        No. But I did jot down some guide lines as to what I wanted to improve about myself during the year.
I want to try and be more organized, and therefore neater.
I want to show love to everyone, and hopefully get a whole load of love going around, I am so tired of meaness and pettiness, I want to try and be kind to everyone, even if they are trying to make me mad, we need more love in this world of hatred.
I want to thank Beth for sharing with me this week.
If you wish to read what I sent her then go to http://www.structureinanunstructuredlife.com/ .
Thank you all for popping in and reading this.
I wish you a wonderful day.
Love and best wishes.
Anne

16 comments:

  1. Your blog is looking great Annie and I enjoyed reading your interview and getting to know you better!
    Happy Friendship Friday to you!

    (Have you had a chance to check out our latest giveaways?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy,
      Thanks for the visit and the wonderful comments. My Blog was reshaped by Katherine of Kathrines corner, this is her job and I am sure that she will always want to help out, she does such a great job, that it is worth having it profeesionally done.
      I will go and look at the give aways right now, but as a South African, can probably not enter, but can pass the good news on.
      I hope that you have a fantastic day and week ahead.
      Love and best wishes.
      Anne

      Delete
  2. Your desert island answer is so practical and smart!
    I enjoyed reading your answers - really hope your father is ok. My husband also takes over the housework!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tamara,
      Thank you so much for the visit, and the wonderful comment's..
      My father is being moved from hospital to a nursing home on Tuesday, and then we shall see what happens, thanks for the concern. I just sat and thought about what would be most useful to me, and I love the idea, but i am not very practicle when it comes to lighting fires from nothing etc.
      I hope that you have a fantastic day and week ahead.
      Love and best wishes.
      Anne

      Delete
  3. Hi Annie! Great answers! Always enjoy stopping by your place for a bit of a love pick up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Well you have really made my day, because I love passing on a bit of love. I am down at the moment and you have just bucked me up.
      Thanks for the visit and the wonderful comments.
      I hope that you have a fantastic day and week ahead.
      Love and best wishes.
      Anne

      Delete
  4. I am so with you on the site seeing--I am not a spa type of gal, nor do I like to go shopping. I would much rather spend my vacation site-seeing and then topping off the evening with a nice dinner! This was fun to read and nice to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      I love site seeing, and learning about new places, but have to be careful as hubby is not so into museums and art galleries etc. so I try and find the outdoor places to see, like in London I walk him through the three parks and when we remember our hats, then he loves it.
      Thank you so much for the visit and the wonderful comment's.
      I hope that you have a wonderful day and week ahead.
      Love and best wishes.
      Anne

      Delete
  5. Mac & Cheese has always been my favorite dish! Yummy! :-)
    Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thank you so much for the visit and for the wonderful comments.
      I am making hubby his favorite Mac and Cheese for supper tonight, it is also my favorite.
      I hope that you have a fantastic day and week ahead.
      Love and best wishes.
      Anne

      Delete
  6. I've been craving Mac & Cheese lately, but I've recently given up gluten and dairy. I love you site redesign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thanks for the visit and the wonderful comments.
      I could give up most dairy product's except eggs and Cheese, I could never do with out those, and I love my pasta far to mjuch to give up gluten, you must have a really strong mind to be able to that, well done.
      My site was redesigned by Katherine of Katherines corner, this is her job, and she is very good at it, and it is worth what you pay.
      I hope that you have a wonderful day and week ahead.
      Love and best wishes.
      Anne

      Delete
  7. Great choices for being on a stranded island, I am not sure I would have thought of those things to bring. Of course, a knife would come in handy for killing or depending yourself from becoming prey too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your site is looking amazing, Anne! That definitely sounds like a great group of guidelines to go by! And awesome things to have while stranded on an island! Hope you have a great week, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You actually make hack hay day appear really easy with your presentation however I find this topic
    really one thing which I believe I might by no means understand.

    It sort of feels too complicated and extremely large for me.
    I am having a look forward on your next post , I'll try to attempt to get the hang
    of it!

    Feel free to surf to my blog post: hay day hack

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are a group of volunteers and opening
    a brand new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with helpful helpful information
    and work on . You have made ​​an impressive activity
    and our whole group could be grateful
    to you .
    Definitely believe which you stated . Your favorite reason appeared to be at the
    web simple factor to take note of . I tell you , i definitely annoyed think worries clear that just do not recognize about .

    You controlled well as out on all managed to hit the nail on the top without having
    side effect , other folks could take a signal.
    Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

    Here is my blog Candy Crush Saga Hack

    ReplyDelete