First and foremost I want to wish everyone a very happy and blessed Christmas.
I am very priviledged to be teeming up with Mrs Tee, this week, what a wonderful person and what wonderful question she has asked. Please all go to http://www.mrsteelovelifelaughter.com to see the questions that I asked her and give her some really love she is such a lovely lady
Well her goes :
1) I think that it is so cool that you are a trained(even if semi) opera singer! How did you come upon that as a talent versus regular singing?
Well I I suppose that I always had music in the house, and I used to sing after my mothers opera records even as a little girl. Then in junior school I was in choirs and loved. When I was thirteen I told my father I wanted to take singing lessons, so he found me a very good teacher, and although I was still a bit young I started to take lessons, and she was very good for me because for a while she would not let me have my own way, and would only let me sing scales and from there we went on.
I then joined the Cape Town Symphony choir and was a member untill it disbanded. I then married and singing went onto the back bench, because when you are performing you have to be quite self centered and put the performance first, and I was not prepared to do that to my marriage, my husband is to important to be put on the back burner, so I only sing in the bath and at home now.
2) You love to Read as do I. What is your favorite genre of book? Fiction, non-fiction, mystery, historical, romance....?
Well I suppose at the moment my favorite is Science Fiction, but I do read virtually anything, except maybe romance, I think that is my least favorite.
3) I saw you love to cook. What about baking? is that something you enjoy or would you rather do savoury than sweet?
Well I suppose that I would rather do the savoury, but must admit to enjoy making cakes and cookies, but please can someone else do the decorating, I have not the patience to do the icing and the decorating, luckily hubby somtimes does that bit.
4) You are very crafty. What piece of advice would you give to someone who sees themselves as a novice crafter trying to get better?
I would tell them never to give up, I don't consider myself an expert, but never give up and remember that because it did not turn out as you pictured, does not mean that it is wrong, it is just different, and it is not to thrown out, but showed and given with pride. The things that make, quite often do not turn out as you pictured they would be, sometimes they are better, and sometimes they are so different that you don't like them, but if you display them you'll be surprised how many people will give you good comments.
5) Since Christmas was just yesterday, how was your Holiday? Do you celebrate big or small and intimate?
We usually go small and intimate, but this year we are going big, and going out to one of the wine farms with wine club and my brother and sister in law for a spit barbecue and wine and lots of good company and music etc.
6) What is on your list to do or accomplish in the new year?
Well my company is doing well selling in the U.K. and would like to get it of the ground in South Africa, so we are earning in both places.
7) Where do you want to see your Blog in the New Year?
I would like to see my blog with at least maybe thirty followers by the end of January and being a blog that everyone likes to visit and feel loved and get information on things that may interest them and lead them on to the other blogs so they can follow there and give some love out.
8) What is your favorite thing to do on a lazy day?
On a lazy day I love to do some crafting and sitting and reading and maybe watch a good movie.
9) Where is the furthest you've been from home?
Well that one is easy, the furthest I have been from home is when I did a twelve week campiong tour round the U.S.A.
10) My Signature Question: Are you a member of Team Tea or the Coffee Crew?
No I am not, but sounds interesting, how does one become a member?